Supported through a pediatric device consortia grant from the FDA, the West Coast Consortium for Technology & Innovation in Pediatrics (CTIP) is pleased to provide grants to support the advancement of innovations in pediatric technology and devices. Funds will be granted to develop pediatric innovation from ideation through commercialization. Funds are available to support the achievement of milestones on the path to development of pediatric innovation in devices and technology.
Up to seven grants will be awarded in the range of $25,000-50,000 per grant for a term of one year.
CTIP will accept letters of intent for the CPI Grant until May 1, 2020. The letter of intent will be considered by the CPI Grant Committee. Based on the comparative merits of all proposals submitted, the most qualified proposals will be designated as semi-finalists. Semi-finalists will be invited to submit a full application.
- Must be a novel pediatric medical device or technology.
- Medical devices must meet the FDA definition of a medical device (https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/Overview/ClassifyYourDevice/ucm051512.htm).
- Please be aware that there is new draft guidance regarding software versus medical devices can be found at the following link: (https://www.fda.gov/downloads/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/GuidanceDocuments/UCM587820.pdf
- Development of novel drugs and chemical therapies will not be funded. Process improvement and innovations are also not eligible for funding. In addition, fetal devices/technologies (without other pediatric applications) will not be funded.
- Projects must be a pediatric medical device or technology innovation that leads to improved patient experience, quality, outcomes, or efficiency.
- Eligible projects must have clear achievable milestones for the funding period with specific metrics or deliverables.
- Projects should be short in duration with funding intended to last no more than 12 months.
- No indirect costs will be allowed.
Awards will be made based on the requested budget in a range of $25,000 – $50,000. The maximum award is $50,000. The proposed justification of the requested budget will affect an application’s competitiveness.
Complete application instructions and details can be found HERE