Marketing and Projects Coordinator (full-time)
The Marketing and Projects Coordinator will be responsible for executing and tracking marketing activities for a variety of projects and events, provide project management and administrative support for the organization. In addition, a substantial level of planning, project management and administrative coordination responsibility exists, requiring frequent and routine interaction with Oregon Bio members and community stakeholders. The Marketing and Projects Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, the Oregon Bio team and its contractors. Many duties performed will have minimal supervision, requiring strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing Responsibilities (50%)
- With the Executive Director and outside contractor, support the development of marketing strategies for the organization, events, initiatives and BioPro training.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, execute the Organization’s marketing strategies and track metrics for Oregon Bio’s marketing, social media campaigns and website traffic.
- Support the Program Manager and Executive Director in all aspects of Oregon Bio events including marketing, planning, and follow on activities.
- Develop a marketing strategy to increase enrollments in BioPro training programs. Support the Director of Member Services in marketing BioPro and Bio Business Solutions program.
- Streamline communication between Oregon Bio staff, contractors and other event and initiative stakeholders
Project Management Responsibilities (40%)
- Manage key projects with members.
- Provide regular communication and project status updates on a weekly basis
- Update project tracking and reporting tools with current data
Administrative Responsibilities (10%)
- Assist the team in developing appropriate agendas, sending out invites, reserving space, ordering food, and sending follow-up surveys for a variety of meetings and initiatives.
- Draft, coordinate, and prepare briefing material and presentations for executive use at board meetings and similar focus
- Schedule meetings, including committee or internal meetings, take and distribute notes and action items
- Perform office administrative duties such as regularly checking the mail, work with outside accountant to ensure bills are paid, deposit payments, work with Director of Member Services to ensure timely collection of receivables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required
- Minimum two (2) or more years of related marketing and event planning experience
- Solid project management and administrative experience
Key Skills Set
- Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, HTML, WordPress, Photography, Videography
- Highly organized with an ability to manage resources, budgets, and onsite support
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Provide Administrative support where needed
- Be a team player
Note, due to safety concerns related to COVID, this position will be virtual to start and eventually based in the Portland area. Oregon Bio does NOT provide relocation assistance.
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org; include resume and cover letter