Thank you for your interest in becoming an Oregon Biosciences Association volunteer! The Oregon Bioscience Association offers volunteer opportunities for people at all professional levels within the bio community. There are three main types of volunteers:
Lend your valuable experience to any number of Oregon Bio committees. Committee involvement provides members with enhanced networking opportunities, new skills and a broader interface with the bioscience industry. Committee members must be members of Oregon Bio (students and under/unemployed may be Committee Interns). By selecting a committee in the form below, your information will be forwarded to and considered by Oregon Bio.
BioPro Workforce Training Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to work with Oregon Bio to help develop, monitor and promote the BioPro Workforce Training Program by:
- Developing training curriculum, including new courses and certificates
- Evaluating potential instructors and new courses
- Reviewing class evaluations and recommend class changes or growth strategies
- Assessing workforce training needs at their own company and external companies/industries
- Advertising workforce training at their own company and external companies/industries
- Addressing program needs (e.g. new course evaluation sheet or strategy)
- Foster instructor relationships and cohesiveness (e.g. instructor workshops)
The purpose of the Programming Committee is to work with Oregon Bio to support and develop events, programming and membership and to promote outreach to the regional community by:
- Developing the BioForum and Lunch & Learn event series
- Supporting Oregon Bio programming (e.g. brainstorming for speakers, topics and partnerships)
- Reviewing programming and recommend changes or growth strategies
- Supporting membership activities and developing programs for new members
- Integrating Oregon Bio into the regional community
New the the area? Looking to learn more about Oregon Bio and our events? Love customer service? Consider becoming an event volunteer. Event volunteers greet event attendees, manage registration and check in, and help with event logistics for both regular events and the annual conference. By selecting “events volunteer,” you will be added to an email list that will be used when we are seeking event volunteers.
Occasionally, Oregon Bio needs extra assistance in the office. If you enjoy administrative activities, consider becoming an office volunteer. By selecting “office volunteer,” you will be added to an email list that will be used when additional office help is needed.
Please indicate your interest on the following form.