Biotech Summit 2023 includes three signature events in one admission: a Keynote Panel featuring leading biotech executives, the Innovation Showcase pitch competition, and our Bio on the Vine reception featuring tastings from top Oregon wineries.
Held at the new Twist Bioscience Campus in Wilsonville, Oregon, Biotech Summit 2023 brings together industry executives, scientists, entrepreneurs, and policymakers to celebrate our region’s thriving bioscience sector, and identify ways our public and private institutions can collaborate to further accelerate future innovation and growth.
Who should attend:
- Industry executives and bioscience sector leaders
- Bioscience research and development professionals
- Entrepreneurs and biotech investors
- Economic development, government, or non-profit Partner organization professionals
- Students interested in bioscience research and enterprise
Agenda – October 25, 2023
1:00 – 2 p.m. Keynote Panel: The Business of Bioscience
Our region’s bioscience infrastructure includes highly advanced research institutions and a diverse commercial sector ranging from innovative start-ups to international concerns who have invested heavily here. Leading industry executives offer insights on what makes bioscience tick in our region, and how we can spur growth and improve our state’s long-term competitiveness.
Basic and translational research creates the knowledge base that enables commercial innovation in health care, driving the critical pipeline where clinical breakthroughs become deliverable as real-world products and services, including therapeutics and medical devices. The Innovation Showcase program highlights leading innovative research and start-up concepts from our region. Judges will include industry scientists, investors, and executives. The 2023 Innovation Showcase will feature two tracks:
· Research Fast Pitches – High schoolers, graduate students, post-docs and research associates from Oregon and Southwest Washington present their unique research propositions, arguing the critical need for their research and the science they are developing to address the issue. Pitches will be divided between Basic Research and Translational/Applied Research.
· Company Pitches – includes early-stage and later-stage startups as defined by investment or revenue. Judges will evaluate proof of concept, market strategy, and early commercialization efforts.
Attention Oregon and SW Washington entrepreneurs – apply now to participate! Show your work to an audience that includes investors and industry leaders. For more information about the Innovation Showcase – click here.
5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Bio on the Vine Reception
Network with your bio-colleagues while enjoying tastings offered by some of Oregon’s top wineries. Our annual Bio on the Vine gathering pairs engaged conversation with great vintages, plus hors d’oeuvres and light desserts.
Winners of the 2023 Innovation Showcase held in the afternoon will be announced at this reception.
*Legislators, email email@example.com for more details on the special Summit programming starting at 11:45am
Event hours 1:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Online Tickets – Oregon Bio Members*
* All employees of Oregon Bio Member companies are eligible
$60: Early Bird (expires at 09/22/2023 at 11:30 p.m.)
$75: Standard rate
Online Tickets – Non Members:
$250: Service Partner
Tickets will be available at the door, subject to availability and an additional $20 fee. Oregon Bio does not offer refunds for events, however we can transfer tickets upon request.
Important: The address you enter during registration must match the one on file for your credit card. Use the Get Tickets button and select at least one ticket to continue.
Please note: Oregon Bio takes photos and videos at our events which are used for marketing purposes. By attending this event, you agree and consent to our use of your image and voice as recorded during the event.