Oregon Bio’s 2020 Biotech Summit: The Value and Voice of Innovation
The Biotech Summit provides a non-partisan opportunity for industry leaders and policymakers from Oregon and Southwest Washington to engage in conversations around innovation, gene therapy, patient access and the economic and workforce drivers unique to our region. This year’s digital format will include panel sessions and online roundtable discussions and more.
Panel sessions will focus on innovative therapies, patient perspectives and economic and workforce development:
- #SummitOpen: Bio Views and News – Welcome to the 2020 Biotech Summit. Log in to hear from bio leaders, workers and strategic thinkers across the region and join in the conversation to learn how the Pacific Northwest’s bioscience, medical technology and digital health sectors are a force multiplier in growth, job creation and scientific discovery.
- #DiscoveryHere: The Promise of Gene Therapy and Novel Innovations – Gene therapies are a key emerging medical breakthrough, so how is it happening here in the Pacific Northwest? OHSU pediatric neuromuscular specialist Dr. Erika Finanger – along with the patient perspective – shares the impacts and healing hope happening here.
- #AccessNow: Patient Views, Patient Voices 2020 – With Covid-19, the Affordable Care Act, the hope of overcoming health disparities among diverse populations, and many other factors, now more than ever biopharma companies are in the business with clear commitment to helping patients access the medications they need. Patients voices are louder and clearer now to get the care, therapies and medical devices they need. Here, global biopharma company Genentech made a home in Oregon more than a decade ago. Expanding its presence here, Genentech’s Access Solutions patient-facing efforts have helped provide access to medicines for more than 2.2 million patients. Join the conversation about how we can support expanded and timely access.
- #ReboundHere: Bio’s Economics, Job Creation and Upskilling Initiatives – Bioscience in the Pacific Northwest figures prominently into the region’s economic development and growth conversation. With many companies posting growth before and during the pandemic, evidence is clear bio can play a role in our region’s improved economic strength. Join the leaders in our industry for a discussion on how we can lead our region with our growing cluster.
- #BioBreakout Conversations:
- Incentives, Policy Framework, More Jobs
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Innovation and R&D
This is an invitation only event. If your organization is interested in attending/participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.