Discovery and Innovation in Oregon’s Bold New Constellation of Research Labs
The stated mission of University of Oregon’s Phil and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact is straightforward and powerful: Science advancing society. At this event, we’ll visit with Knight Campus leaders and researchers who are developing a hub where innovative research and discovery are thriving, plus learn about exciting plans for future expansion. After the program, network with your bio-colleagues on the terrace, or join a tour of the Knight Campus.
3:30 p.m.: Join Oregon Bio Women for an exclusive fireside chat with Dr. Katy Murray, lead clinical veterinarian at the Zebrafish International Research Center (ZIRC), right here in our own back yard. Free admission to Bio in the Valley Ticket Holders. Program ends in time to attend Bio in the Valley.
Register now. Read the Flyer.
Bio in the Valley:
4:30 p.m. Doors open/badge pickup
5:00 p.m. Program in the Knight Campus seminar room (details below)
6:15 p.m. Networking on the Terrace plus tours of the Knight Campus
8:00 p.m. Event ends
Liisa Bozinovic, Executive Director, Oregon Bioscience Association: Oregon Bio 2022 Economic Impact Report.
Knight Campus Panel:
- Felix Deku, Assistant Professor, Knight Campus. The Deku Lab focuses on developing materials, devices, and therapeutic approaches for neural interfacing, but with a focus that is grounded in science and driven by the vision of developing treatments for specific unmet clinical needs.
- Gabriella Lindberg, Assistant Professor, Knight Campus. Working at the interface of biology, chemistry, and technology, the Lindberg Lab is in pursuit of a blueprint to bridge the gap between engineered and native musculoskeletal tissues.
- Calin Plesa, Assistant Professor, Knight Campus. The Plesa Lab develops new technologies to characterize and engineer biological protein-based systems at large scales and applies these to a number of different research areas and applications.
Oregon Bio’s regional events are a signature strategy aiming to fortify industry knowledge, increase connections and provide both professional development and targeted networking opportunities.
During this the event will be ample opps for networking. We hope to see you there!
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON PARKING INFORMATION:
Parking is available at the Millrace Garage (Google directions to garage). The ParkMobile smartphone app is recommended to purchase parking: enter zone 7447. There are also kiosks where parking can be paid. Visit the official UO Parking Website.
ONLINE TICKET PRICES:
Scroll down to purchase
- Oregon Bio Members*:
- $35: Early bird rate (expires Nov. 4th at 11:30 p.m.)
- $55: Standard Rate
- Students (currently enrolled with valid ID)#
- $20: Early bird rate (expires Nov. 4th at 11:30 p.m.)
- $25: Standard Rate
- Non Members: $70 Standard Rate
* All employees of Oregon Bio Member companies are eligible
# Scholarships available for student volunteers
Please note: All attendees must be 21 years or older. Oregon Bio does not offer refunds for events, however we can transfer tickets to another person prior to the event. Transfers must be received 24 hours prior to the event.
AT-THE-DOOR TICKET PRICES:
Subject to availability – please check back here day of event
- Oregon Bio Members and students: $55
- Non-Members: $75