Every organization, team, and individual experiences conflict in business. If not addressed properly, conflict can turn into personal dislike and team breakdown, often creating an unproductive and uncongenial work environment.
However, if conflict is addressed properly, the outcome can be advantageous for all parties involved by expanding self-awareness, sparking creativity, encouraging team cohesiveness and increasing productivity.
This interactive class will focus on:
- Proactive communication to prevent conflict.
- Communication tools that can be used to work through conflict.
- Recovering from conflict.
With proactive communication, you’ll create a positive work environment. By identifying conflict styles, you’ll gain an understanding of how people handle conflict. Managing individual conflict styles will result in team cohesiveness and increased productivity.
By the end of the course, participants will examine:
- Common causes of conflict in business
- Communication perspectives: speaker vs. audience
- Listening skills to foster a positive work environment
- Conflict styles
- Effectively utilizing conflict styles in team environments
- Five step process to conflict resolution
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who works with other people!
Please come prepared to discuss a conflict you’ve gone through at work, or a conflict you are currently experiencing at work.
Cost: Half-day class
Location: Location and driving directions will be emailed separately upon registration.