This four-hour session will combine individual, small group and large group exercises and activities, providing participants with opportunities to discuss, learn and practice effective communication skills. We will examine a self-assessment tool that parallels DiSC® to identify communication style preferences.
- The value and importance of effective communication in today’s environment
- The basic concepts, principles, and fundamentals of good (effective) communication
- The importance, value, and relationships of words, tone, body language, and listening in the communication process
- Types of problems which can affect an individual’s ability to communicate effectively
- How to recognize verbal and nonverbal cues
- How to identify your communication style preference
- Ways to resolve current communication conflicts and/or challenges
- How to recognize and deal with the barriers or “roadblocks” to effective communication
Who Should Attend:
Professionals who could benefit from greater insight into understanding communication preferences and how their communication style is perceived by others
Cost: Half-day class
Location: Location and driving directions will be emailed separately upon registration.