This course provides a structured guide to the process of performing an effective Failure Mode and Effects Analysis for Design and Development. DFMEA can be performed during design and development on products to minimize risks and future costs of new products. It is also a highly effective technique to use in planning under any quality management system standard, such as ISO 9001 and ISO 13485.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Design and implement a process to perform Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Identify and select the appropriate participants for a FMEA Team
- Identify design failure modes and determine the relative ranking of failures using risk priority numbers
- Explain the different type of FMEA’s and be able to choose the appropriate type
- Develop a Design FMEA for your organization through hands-on activities and workshop exercises
Who Should Attend:
This course is for engineers, production managers, quality engineers and managers who are assigned to work on Failure Modes and Effects Analysis in Design and Development.
No prior knowledge is required to attend this course, but bringing an application to the class for a Design and Development Failure Modes and Effects Analysis would be beneficial.
Cost: 1-day class
Location: Location and driving directions will be emailed separately upon registration.