Training Dates: Oct 6-7, 13-14, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
This 16-hour intensive workshop is specially developed to provide a solid foundation in financial analysis and decision-making, both from the perspective of the company and specific projects.
Financial Skills for Non-Finance People is an interactive workshop format including exercise, case studies, and real world projects to improve participants understanding and application of:
- Financial analysis tools and how to apply them to value new products and programs
- Basic and advanced techniques to make tradeoff and a portfolio decisions for product investments
- Financial techniques to communicate and sell advanced R&D, platform and architecture programs
By the end of the course, participants will have gained:
- An understating of how development programs impact key numbers valued by executives
- Key financial skills to justify product or technology programs
- A firm grasp of the three major financial reports: Income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows
- How to determine the ROI of platform and advanced R&D projects
- A working knowledge of risk and overall value of your product portfolio
Who should attend:
Product managers and marketers, engineering managers and leads.
Each student is required to bring a laptop loaded with MS Excel software.
Cost: 2-day class
Location: Oregon Bio Virtual Classroom