This course takes place over four virtual sessions. Training dates are September 7 and 21; October 5 and 19, 2023 from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
What are the differences between management and leadership? Do you know how to maintain the right balance between the two, given the needs and culture of an organization and its employees? Through taking a broad perspective, we begin to define what leadership and management behaviors “look like” and “sound like” in your organization, taking the general concepts to practical reality. This course has been designed exclusively for the life science industry by The Leadership Edge. Oregon Bio is committed to developing a dynamic workforce, one with both the technical expertise and leadership capabilities to ensure success. From the Laboratory to Leadership transforms science-minded managers into capable business leaders.
Leadership Topics Include:
- Your Leadership Edge
- Leading in My Organization
- Understanding Personality Styles
- Using Your Strengths for Success
- Goal Setting and Planning
- Priority Management
- Coaching for Performance
- Leveraging Your Leadership Through Delegation
- Interviewing and Selecting Top Performers
- What Makes A Team Productive
- Putting It To Work
- Discover and develop personal leadership talents
- Explore what “leading in your organization” really means
- Leverage strengths for success and engagement
- Promote goal-setting and strategic planning
- Manage priorities successfully
- Run effective and efficient meetings
- Learn to coach for performance
- Gain insights into different personality styles for better communication
Who Should Attend:
First-time managers; More experienced managers who want to expand their skills; High potential individual contributors; Non-scientific managers in a science-based organization
Previous experience in a project environment is helpful, but not required.
Cost: Members: $3195 Non-members $3695
Location: Virtual Classroom.