You have less than 8 hours to pull together a last minute presentation to upper level management. Making your argument clear, concise, and coherent is critical. Your team is counting on you, and your reputation is at stake.
Here are some topics we will address in this class:
- What is your presentation goal?
- How do you decide what information to present?
- Who is your audience?
- How do you prepare for Q&A?
- What visuals are needed, if any?
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Learn how to effectively speak under pressure, which can build your reputation and impress leaders in your organization. Successfully presenting in an impromptu situation can be a challenge, but one that can be learned with proper tools and practice.
- Learn how to prepare for last minute opportunities
- Learn how to prepare your Elevator Pitch
- Preparing both mentally and physically
- Understanding the difference between impromptu presentation and public speaking
- Pathos: knowing the audience
- Outline writing
- Preparing content for: Informative and Persuasive presentations
- Elevator pitch
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who is asked to deliver a last minute presentation to:
- Upper management
- Customers outside work
(recommended) Business Communication Fundamentals
Cost: Half-day class
Location: Location and driving directions will be emailed separately upon registration.