You’ve had your sights set on an internal job promotion, and you are required to interview for the position. Technology has enabled recruiters to market to, and target a specific candidate, on a global scale. You will be competing against the best in the world. Recruiters expect you to articulate your competencies in a concise manner. This class will provide you with the necessary communication tools to help you stand out from the competition.
We will examine:
- First impressions-nonverbal and verbal best practices
- How great interviews and active listening go hand-in-hand
- How to uncover the culture of an organization
How You Will Benefit:
- Your first impression will assure the interviewer that you are a confident and professional candidate.
- Your research on the position and company, along with your articulate and concise answers, will set you apart from the competition.
- Cost of employee recruitment, retention, and turnover
- Planning for the interview
- Research the position
- Organizational culture, mission, values
- First Impressions
- Body language & Nonverbal ques
- Listening skills
- Structure to answer competency based interviewing questions
- Structure to answer “failure/learning” questions
- Questions for Interviewer
- Closing Questions
- Post Interview
- Thank you
- Follow up
Who Should Attend:
Underemployed or unemployed, individuals transitioning industries, professionals seeking a promotion
Highly recommended: Business Communication Fundamentals
Cost: Half-day class
Location: Location and driving directions will be emailed separately upon registration.