Four dozen teams, each with an idea of how to address a big need in healthcare, were born at the OHSU Invent-a-thon last October. Over half are still developing the ideas that emerged that weekend, many in accelerators or connected to advisors met at Invent-a-thon.
Six months later, the most investment-ready teams will return to the virtual stage to share their vision with the world and compete for follow-on funding and support. Partner investor groups include AngelMD, Elevate Capital, Angel Capital Association, Portland Seed Fund, Aventurine, and TiE Oregon.
Come cheer on the finalists at the Post Hack as they present their plans and compete for cash prizes totaling $40k plus mentorship and guidance from investors — and then celebrate the winners!
Wednesday, April 21, 3–6 Pacific, online
- 3–3:30 PM: Introduction and speakers Patti White (Hemex Health), CJ Swamy and Rishi Madhok (Kiddo), and Dom Raban (Xploro)
- Hemex Health touches both early disease detection and rural health care with fast, low-cost, high-quality malaria and hemoglobin disorder detection.
- Kiddo’s bracelet monitors vital signs to inform parents when children with chronic conditions might need medical attention.
- Xploro uses augmented reality, gameplay and artificial intelligence to deliver health information to young patients in an empowering and fun way.
- 3:30–5 PM: Pitches + Q&A
Eight teams make the case for funding and support withe seven minute pitches followed by three minutes of Q&A with the judges.
- 5–5:30 PM: SpatialChat “virtual hallway”
Networking session, where you can start or pop between spontaneous conversations with entrepreneurs, investors, and enthusiasts, as if you were milling on a conference floor.
- 5:30–6 PM: Winners announced and celebrated
Registration is complimentary. Register now