The STOPfakes Roadshow delivers critically important information about intellectual property to the audience that needs it most—start-ups, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized businesses, independent creators, and inventors. The information is presented by experts from multiple government agencies that deal with intellectual property issues.
This all-day event includes presentations as well as one-on-one consultations with the various resources. Participants may also apply for Copyright and Trademark Recordation with CBP on-site.
With the help of event sponsors, the cost is just $55 per person, and includes morning coffee/beverages and lunch.
Discussion Topics & Activities include:
- Introduction to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Protecting your Patents and Trademarks in the United States – United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Copyright and Your Business’s Creative Works: How Copyright Impacts You – United States Copyright Office
- CBP’s IPR Border Enforcement Regime – Intellectual Property Enforcement Branch, Regulations and Rulings, Office of Trade, CBP
- Supporting Exporters and the STOPfakes Program: Office of Standards and Intellectual Property, International Trade Administration
- Protecting your Business from Trade Secret Theft – The Insider Threat and the Current Foreign Threat – Economic Crimes Unit-Intellectual Property Rights Threat, FBI HQ: Criminal Investigative Division
- Putting Your IP to Work: Tools for Enforcement of IP Rights and Protecting Your Innovation
- One-on-One Consultations with visiting IP experts – 10 min sessions. Sign-up sheet available during morning registration and throughout the day.
- On-Site Help with the Recordation Process – made available by CBP staff to navigate the recordation application portal and process. Trademark recordation is $190 per international class of goods, and copyrights are $190 per application; it takes about 40 minutes.
Questions? Contact Haisum.Shah@trade.gov, 503-326-3001