Website Absci Corporation
Absci is the drug and target discovery company harnessing deep learning and synthetic biology to expand the therapeutic potential of proteins. We built our Integrated Drug Creation™ Platform to identify novel drug targets, discover optimal biotherapeutic candidates, and generate the cell lines to manufacture them in a single efficient process. Our goal is to enable the development of better medicines. We Translate Ideas into Drugs™. Based in Vancouver, Washington, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, we’re located within an hour of world class alpine terrain and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how our #Unlimiters are changing the world one protein at a time: absci.com/joinus
We are seeking Research Scientists to join our world-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) team and advance generative models for protein drug design. As a Research Scientist, you will develop advanced machine learning techniques that will be deployed for the creation of lifesaving drugs. We are looking for people who can draw on significant expertise in deep learning or related disciplines such as natural language processing, protein design, and computer vision, to develop innovative models that can learn from and generate new proteins. This position can be Remote, Hybrid or Onsite in Vancouver, WA or New York, New York.
- Design, implement and evaluate cutting-edge generative models for protein design
- Effectively report and communicate research findings to AI and wet-lab teams across the company
- Develop sampling techniques for designing diverse proteins
- Collaborate with data scientists and wet-lab biologists on the design and integration of wet-lab experiments
- Deploy large-scale distributed training systems on our in-house A100-based supercomputer
- PhD in Machine Learning or equivalent practical experience
- Publications at major machine learning conferences & scientific journals, or extensive experience creating deep learning models in industry
- Strong Python programming skills, including with Numpy, Scipy, and Pandas, with emphasis on data science and machine learning applications.
- Experience designing and training complex deep learning models in PyTorch or related platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on projects with multiple contributor.
Preferred (but not required):
- Industry experience developing and training deep learning models, preferably in the life-sciences domain
- Background in structural biology
- Experience with antibody / biologics engineering
- NGS analysis experience
- Experience with large-scale multi-node training on an HPC GPU cluster
- Hands-on experience developing deep generative models for language modeling or geometric applications
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, breakfast and lunch, and 401(k) with a generous company match. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment – bring your pup along for the ride.
To apply for this job please visit www.absci.com.