Website Absci Corporation
Absci is the drug and target discovery company harnessing deep learning and synthetic biology to expand the therapeutic potential of proteins. We built our Integrated Drug Creation™ Platform to identify novel drug targets, discover optimal biotherapeutic candidates, and generate the cell lines to manufacture them in a single efficient process. Our goal is to enable the development of better medicines. We Translate Ideas into Drugs™. Based in Vancouver, Washington, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, we’re located within an hour of world class alpine terrain and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how our #Unlimiters are changing the world one protein at a time: absci.com/joinus
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, passionate, and accomplished Sr. Scientist or Principal Scientist to join our Analytical Development team. You will play a significant role in analytical method development and characterization of therapeutic proteins expressed using SoluPro™, Absci’s proprietary E. coli expression platform. You will explore new and innovative technologies, oversee the routine instrument operation and maintenance, and train and mentor junior personnel and personnel from other teams. The responsibilities of this role will utilize your interpersonal and strong written and verbal communication skills for multi-disciplinary collaboration with the other teams within Absci, including Strain Construction, High-Throughput Screening, Fermentation, Purification, and Data Sciences. You bring a passion for scientific innovation, excellent technical skills, and you execute your responsibilities with high attention to detail and a sense of urgency. You thrive in a team dynamic in a high-performance culture.
- Develop and execute laboratory tasks to support the development, optimization, and sample analysis of complex biologics by various chromatographic and electrophoretic separations techniques such as LC (e.g. LC-UV, SEC, IEX, etc.) and CE-SDS, including associated sample preparation techniques (e.g. desalting, sample concentration, protein denaturation or oxidation, etc.).
- Operation, maintenance, and installation of sophisticated chromatography instrumentation (e.g. HPLC, CE, etc.)
- Write and review formal reports, including method SOPs, reports, and other technical documents
- Evaluate data for trends indicative of product performance, method performance, and/or analyst performance and present internally to team members and senior management
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms
- Use of software packages such as LIMS, ELNs (electronic lab notebooks), EMPOWER, JMP, etc.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire junior team members
- Support internal technical teams, including R&D, fermentation and purification process development teams
- Maintain accurate documentation of all work in laboratory notebooks
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related scientific discipline degree with 2 years of industry or post-doc experience, or Master’s with equivalent experience
- Proven experience in method development, testing, and qualifications/ validations
- Comprehensive hands-on knowledge of protein analytics and characterization, including LC (e.g. LC-UV, SEC, IEX, etc.) and CE-SDS OR knowledge of immunoassay methods for quantification, impurity detection and potency determination of protein samples, including ELISA, BLI and SPR
- Experience in relevant sample preparation techniques including desalting, buffer exchange, proteolytic digestion, deglycosylation, reduction, alkylation, etc.
- Experience in the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of associated instrumentation
- Ability to design and execute experiments; review and interpret data
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in using software packages such as LIMS, ELNs (electronic lab notebooks), EMPOWER, SoftMax Pro, JMP, etc., is preferred
Preferred (but not required):
- Post-Doc and/or industry experience
- Previous experience with automation and high-throughput screening
- Previous experience in the analysis of ADCs is a plus
- Experience in using software packages such as LIMS, ELNs (electronic lab notebooks), EMPOWER, JMP, etc
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, breakfast and lunch, and 401(k) with a generous company match. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment – bring your pup along for the ride.
To apply for this job please visit www.absci.com.