Website Absci Corporation
Absci is the drug and target discovery company harnessing deep learning and synthetic biology to expand the therapeutic potential of proteins. We built our Integrated Drug Creation™ Platform to identify novel drug targets, discover optimal biotherapeutic candidates, and generate the cell lines to manufacture them in a single efficient process. Our goal is to enable the development of better medicines. We Translate Ideas into Drugs™. Based in Vancouver, Washington, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, we’re located within an hour of world class alpine terrain and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how our #Unlimiters are changing the world one protein at a time: absci.com/joinus
We are seeking a highly experienced Director of Communications to join our Marketing team. You will play a significant role in developing, planning and executing effective internal and external communications for the entire company. You will leverage your background in Pharma and/or Biotech and understanding of public relations/corporate communications in order to amplify our story into a language that is both authentic and accessible.
You’re a team-first functional expert accustomed to working within an Integrated Marketing team. You are comfortable both thinking big and working in the trenches to amplify our story. You can easily traverse the complexities of the Drug Discovery industry and relevant regulatory bodies, and communicate our What, How and Why to senior stakeholders within and outside the company. You have the courage to advocate for the most effective and strategic approaches to communications and the finesse to bring everyone along with that approach. You have a penchant for how important employee engagement is to a company and can help develop and lead our Internal communications strategy.
- Work collaboratively and in cross-functional teams to develop comprehensive, integrated Internal and External communication plans with metrics that support our business priorities and drive employee engagement
- Build and enhance relationships with external media outlets including news, business, and industry trade publications
- Drive the planning, development and delivery of executive communications such as speaking opportunities, media opportunities, thought leadership, social engagement on LinkedIn, etc.
- Manage internal communications initiatives that increase employee engagement and align with business strategy and priorities
- Advise leadership on messaging frameworks, talk-tracks and lead media training for all key spokespeople
- Manage crisis communications internally and externally
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration, teamwork and information exchange across the organization
- Ensure that communications are in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communication, public relations, journalism or science related field
- 10+ years of experience in Pharma/Biotech public relations (internal and external), corporate communications function or PR agency. Prior experience in drug discovery communications strongly preferred.
- Prior experience leading internal and external communications at a public company
- Strong understanding of and ability to write about scientific concepts and ability to translate technical language to a broad cross-section of media and influencers.
- Experience in crisis communications
- Solid understanding of omnichannel storytelling
- Experience providing counsel, media training, presentation support, etc. to senior leaders as well as cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to match the right events and speaking engagements with our brand plan
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, breakfast and lunch, and 401(k) with a generous company match. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment – bring your pup along for the ride.
To apply for this job please visit www.absci.com.