Website Absci Corporation
Absci is the drug and target discovery company harnessing deep learning and synthetic biology to expand the therapeutic potential of proteins. We built our Integrated Drug Creation™ Platform to identify novel drug targets, discover optimal biotherapeutic candidates, and generate the cell lines to manufacture them in a single efficient process. Our goal is to enable the development of better medicines. We Translate Ideas into Drugs™. Based in Vancouver, Washington, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, we’re located within an hour of world class alpine terrain and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how our #Unlimiters are changing the world one protein at a time: absci.com/joinus
Sr. Scientist needed to serve as a leader on the Downstream Process Development team. As part of the downstream process development management, you will have the opportunity to take ownership for the development of robust processes, tech transfer, new technology initiatives, workflow implementation and creating an environment that fosters collaboration and communication across multi-disciplinary teams. You will make decisions and drive change from the ground floor as we grow the organization and expand capabilities to meet project goals and advance Absci’s core technology. This is an onsite position in Vancouver, WA.
- Manage a sub-team of downstream process development scientists and research
- Train and mentor junior team members to assist in their development, providing
knowledge transfer, hands-on technical training, modeling best practices, and setting
priorities and clear expectations.
- Serve as subject matter expert for downstream process development
- Develop downstream processes for large molecules including the design, execution of
experiments, data analysis and interpretation of results
- Generate and review high quality technical documents, procedures and scientific
presentations to communicate experimental results and conclusions
- Actively engage and collaborate across functional teams to advance project
- Drive continuous improvement and provide technical expertise to ensure timely
resolution of project related issues and gaps.
- PhD or MS degree in biochemistry, biochemical engineering, process engineering or
- 5+ years of industry experience in biologics downstream process development
- In-depth understanding of purification processes (chromatography, filtration, depth
filtration, column packing, tangential flow filtration) and equipment (AKTA)
- Understanding of regulatory and quality requirements for biological process
development at various developmental phases
- People management experience leading indirect or direct reports in a matrix
- Industry experience developing downstream processes for biologics produced in
microbial and mammalian expression systems.
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, breakfast and lunch, and 401(k) with a generous company match. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment – bring your pup along for the ride.
To apply for this job please visit www.absci.com.