Website Absci Corporation
Absci is the drug and target discovery company harnessing deep learning and synthetic biology to expand the therapeutic potential of proteins. We built our Integrated Drug Creation™ Platform to identify novel drug targets, discover optimal biotherapeutic candidates, and generate the cell lines to manufacture them in a single efficient process. Our goal is to enable the development of better medicines. We Translate Ideas into Drugs™. Based in Vancouver, Washington, ten minutes from Portland, Oregon, we’re located within an hour of world class alpine terrain and rugged Pacific coastlines. Check out this short video to learn more and see how our #Unlimiters are changing the world one protein at a time: absci.com/joinus
We are looking for AI Scientists to join our ground-breaking AI team in developing tools for the discovery of next-generation protein biologics. They will assist in the analysis of biological protein sequence and functional data, along with the development of deep learning models. For this position, it is important to be able to innovate on novel technologies while working closely with others on the AI team and with wet-lab scientists.
- Developing data analysis pipelines for protein sequence and functional data
- Designing deep learning models for AI-Guided drug discovery
- Working closely with AI engineers to develop quality code and integrate it into our core platform
- PhD in computer science, bioinformatics or related field
- 1+ years of industry or academic experience in computational biology, drug discovery, or related field
- One or more publications in a major machine-learning conference or scientific journal that apply ML to problems in molecular biology, structural biology, or genetics, especially at the intersection of machine learning and proteins.
- Strong Python programming skills, including with Numpy, Scipy, and Pandas, with emphasis on data science and machine learning applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on projects with multiple contributors.
- Experience designing and training complex deep learning models in PyTorch, or related platforms
Preferred (but not required):
- Industry experience developing and training deep learning models, preferably in the life-sciences domain.
- Background in structural biology
- Experience with antibody / biologics engineering
- NGS analysis experience
- Experience with training models on an HPC GPU cluster
- Hands-on experience developing deep generative models for NLP or geometric applications
We seek candidates who will dive into our creative company culture that’s collaborative, multidisciplinary, and committed to a big vision for positive impact. We are defying conventions and innovating without boundaries. We are disrupting an industry with bold ideas and passionate pursuit of new possibilities. We are looking for original thinkers, creative scientists, and data-devoted gurus. Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic environment and contribute as a key member of a project team. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to join us in our quest to redefine possible.
Absci offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, breakfast and lunch, and 401(k) with a generous company match. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Absci is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Absci will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Absci offers a dog-friendly work environment – bring your pup along for the ride.
To apply for this job please visit www.absci.com.