Overview of the role:
The Associate Project Manager will lead multiple, consecutive, cross functional teams to ensure that assigned projects proceed on time, within budget, and to the client’s satisfaction. Working collaboratively with Clinical Development, Business Development, Client Services, Clinical Laboratory, Production, Quality and Regulatory, the Associate Project Manager will help review RFP’s, develop timelines and budgets and will also manage project communication with the client following receipt of the business.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage multiple development projects in a dynamic, high-paced environment
- Develop and integrate operational cross functional project plans, ensuring successful execution of those plans
- Ensure adequacy of project resources with department heads
- Resolve issues and conflicts within and outside of project teams
- Regularly report project status and issues to Senior Management and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and develop program goals, strategic plans, and project budgets
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers/coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proficient in defining stakeholder communication requirements and developing and delivering communication plans
- Experience in biotech/life sciences industry; experience in diagnostics/medical devices
- Proven track record of successful management of multi-functional projects/programs, from initiation through closing
- Strong time management and organization skills; detail-oriented, proactive, and independent with strong follow up
- Must be flexible, and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment while managing change, new requirements and shifting timelines
- Comfortable and flexible working within a dynamic, fast-paced, environment while managing change, new requirements, and shifting timelines
- Demonstrated ability to deliver project status updates and presentations to technical and non-technical audiences and to all levels of management
- Strong conflict management experience. Effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to accurately estimate project activities and project budgets, and control costs while maintaining quality
- Proficient in process and standards development, implementation and continuous improvement
- Ability to identify new opportunities to add value to clients through additional tools and/or services desired
Work Experience, Education, and Computer Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent
- 2 years of progressive project management experience
- Strong computer proficiency – Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio required Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- PMP or CAPM certification preferred
MolecularMD is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of MolecularMD to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender (sex), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit molecularmd.com.