Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Director of Operations & Site Leader has the overall operations responsibility for our Eugene, OR site. This includes direct responsibility for the functions of Operations, Health Safety & Environment, Facilities, Quality, Planning, Procurement, PPI (Practical Process Improvement). The span of control is the direct reporting staff as well as broad control over the entire site ~300 employees located in Eugene, OR. The Director/Site Leader will work very closely with the Protein and Cell Analysis business unit to support their strategic business initiatives.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the successful manufacturing and delivery of reagents and consumables to Thermo Fisher Scientific’s customers in the Biosciences industry. The manufacture of these products must be in accordance with all regulatory requirements such as ISO, or other requirements as necessary. The main goal of this position is to ensure that Thermo Fisher Scientific’s customers receive the highest quality products, on time, and in a responsive, efficient manner. To achieve this, it requires a highly motivated workforce which pays strict attention to detail, can identify, develop and implement robust harmonized processes and procedures along with methods to ensure procedural compliance.
What will you do?
- Manage all costs of production to meet and exceed targeted goals for labor, material and overhead costs. Make decisions around site discretionary spending which will meet or exceed AOP and business needs.
- Develop and manage an operational strategy which is aligned with, and achieves, overall long term Thermo Fisher Scientific BID business goals.
- Plan and direct operational activities of the site to achieve shorter term business targets as well as benchmark performance in the areas of quality, delivery and cost.
- Create a long term vision and plan to achieve that vision, communicate the vision and ensure staff alignment to work towards that vision
- Act as a champion for the implementation of PPI (Practical Process Improvement) and PPI Lean Enterprise.
- Develop and maintain a positive reputation in the market with customers, commercial team, suppliers, partners, local community, and regulatory/official bodies.
- Actively manage both internal and external communications with employees, other levels of management within the company, customers and the community
- Report Site performance, including scorecard metrics, to all company stakeholders
- Ultimate responsibility for Site Health, Safety, Regulatory & Environmental Compliance
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ ten years of progressive manufacturing operations management experience with a solid track record of managing a variety of functions (supply chain, production, logistics, etc.).
- Experience within a cGMP environment is valuable.
- Lean and/or Six-Sigma Experience.
- Practical experience in continuous improvement leadership/methodologies to drive productivity.
- Demonstrated results through influence of direct and indirect reporting relationships in a matrixed environment.
- Oracle experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal and the ability to facilitate team interactions.
- Strong leadership ability with the capability to leverage diverse resources, respond quickly, understand the impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement, build collaborative relationships and focus on customer needs.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels and within all functions to motivate strong results.
- Strong analytical ability including the ability to effectively use data in problem solving and to evaluate process changes and impacts.
- Ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders including Finance, R&D, Product Management and the Commercial team.
- Must be able to independently manage multiple complex projects concurrently while meeting target dates.
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels in the organization.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thermofisher.com.