At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity, and diversity. We believe every employee makes a difference. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
The focus of Genentech’s Hillsboro Technical Operations (HTO), located in Hillsboro Oregon, is Drug Product manufacturing (Component Prep & Compounding, Liquid/Lyophilized Filling, Automated/Manual Inspection, Packaging/Finished Products and Distribution.)
Relocation benefits are available for this job posting.
The Process Controls System (PCS) Engineer provides expertise in engineering, design, installation and start-up of automation systems. Assists manufacturing operations in problem solving with regards to the automation systems. Assists in the validation of process and facility automation. May also develop code and design system architectures in order to define user compatibility. Works independently within guidelines and policies, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience and provides functional guidance.
● Participate in a 24/7 on call support rotation for escalated automation issues.
● Develop, Deploy and Test automation solutions in support of Drug Product operations.
● Lead/Support automation validation efforts.
● Investigate proprietary automation software/hardware problems with vendors and develop patches/enhancements.
● Compile/Maintain requirement and design specifications.
● Interface with manufacturing and other end users of the system and implement necessary changes to improve system’s overall efficiency.
● Participate in continual improvement programs as required.
● Support commissioning and qualification activities as required.
● Ensure systems maintain their validated states.
● Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working in validated systems.
Qualifications / Requirements:
● Minimum five years of hands-on experience with the following control systems: Rockwell FactoryTalk/ControlLogix, Siemens S7 or Emerson DeltaV.
● Theoretical and applied knowledge of process instrumentation, continuous process control, S88 batch programming, validation and GMP regulations applicable to automated systems.
● Strong initiative and integrity as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Must demonstrate an ability to apply automation solutions and troubleshoot complex problems on highly automated equipment to address business needs.
● Must have working experience in regulated industries such as Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices or Food and Beverage.
● Must be able to successfully work independently and within teams.
● Must be able to support shift operations at the facility.
● Job duties will be performed on-site in Hillsboro, Oregon
To apply for this job please visit careers.gene.com.