This position is part of Genentech’s’ Pharma Technical – individualized NeoAntigen Specific Therapy (iNeST) team based in Hillsboro, Oregon. iNeST is a next generation immunotherapy for the treatment of patients with cancer manufactured on a per patient basis.
The Management Associate, reporting to the General Manager, performs a wide variety of duties in support of the Leadership Team and general office management of the entire Hillsboro organization. This position will provide high-level administrative support within the
Hillsboro Technical Operations (HTO) organization. With minimal direction, this candidate will be responsible for a wide range of administrative duties as outlined below, with a strong emphasis on organization and proactive coordination of activities. Additionally, the role leads and provides cross functional direction to the Administration Team. The role is the Meeting Manager for the Leadership Team.
- Manage a wide variety of planning and execution of site events or activities including employee, outside visitors, Roche colleagues which may be confidential and time sensitive in nature
- Manage iNeST Leadership Team calendar, including the direct management of the General Managers calendar, involving complex calendar management including meeting scheduling, resolution of scheduling conflicts and scheduling appointments with external parties
- Provide requisitioning support for General Manager for credit card purchases
- Support Group Travel of iNeST where appropriate. Individual travel will be coordinated by individual leaders.
- Create documentation, and correspondence for General Manager. Manage signature and approvals as appropriate
- Provides support on editing and formatting management documents, materials and/or presentations, gathering information or conducting analyses to support the General Manager and other management team members.
- Develop partnerships across all levels of the organization that result in greater collaboration and efficiencies
- Independently identify and address issues as they arise and bring them to the General Manager’s attention for input or resolution as needed
- Effectively create and manage site wide employee engagement events including but not limited to Ho Hos, milestone, patient presence, corporate initiatives
- Provide cross functional direction to the Hillsboro Administrative staff.
- Meeting Manager and supporting member of iNeST Leadership Team.
- Coordinate, contribute, participate, facilitate and manage and publish records for weekly leadership meetings and routine offsite meetings
- Budget Management. Lead role in setting the annual budget around the People Process. Manage multiple functions within the cost center
- Develop scope and negotiate contracts for events outside of the campus with support from Procurement.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Roche PT Senior administrative staff in a variety of locations (ie Basel, SSF)
- Participating in or leading cross functional or other project teams
- Act as the team “go-to-person” for general operational or administrative questions
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion with sensitive/confidential and
- proprietary information
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience supporting senior leaders
- BA/BS in Business or related discipline
- Excellent systems and computer skills (Travel, Microsoft Office, Expense Reporting)
- Excellent oral and written communication, facilitation and collaboration skills
- Genuine interest and desire to improve current processes
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracted services
- Demonstrated ability to create community wide programs with multiple parties
- Business acumen and financial savvy; strong business and finance understanding.
- Able to use data to drive change in business practices and processes
- Experience in providing overall coordination of and guidance to the entire
- administrative staff to assure that our principle of “Organic Teamwork” is realized
- Good time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Proven track record of collaborative work relationships
- Ability to remain flexible and work extended hours as the business requires
- Applies emerging knowledge and trends; builds strong relationships; contributes to
- expertise within and beyond assigned area
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
To apply for this job please visit www.gene.com.