The Material Control Specialist incumbent is responsible for receiving, pulling finished good inventory for shipments, distribution, shipping, and processing transactions into Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains system. Additional responsibilities include inventory management.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The Material Control Specialist is responsible for receiving and distributing material, preparing and shipping of samples or finished goods, and assisting in inventory management. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to assisting with stocking, maintaining min/max inventory levels, monitoring finished goods and component inventory levels to maintain predetermined min/max levels, and distribution and processing transaction in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains system.
Essential functions include:
- Pick orders from approved inventory and fill out requisition form
- Assist in maintaining finished goods and component min/max inventory levels
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to finished good kit inventories
- Perform inventory transactions into Great Plains
- Provide data for departmental metrics
- Work with procurement to assure accurate transactions into Great Plains
- Package and provide all shipping documentation for all shipments, foreign and domestic. Must be able to use FedEx, UPS, and other shipping software.
- Maintain IATA certification, as required for all shipments, foreign and domestic
- Maintain Department of Transportation (DOT) training
- File and maintain shipping records
- Participate in company sponsored training programs
- Maintain shipping materials, supplies and area
Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control
- Receiving systems
- Stockroom organization
- Transactions, inventory, and documentation practices
Has advanced, basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
MolecularMD is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of MolecularMD to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender (sex), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.