Website Micro Systems Engineering, Inc.
Come join our Manufacturing team and have your hands on components for life saving devices!
Micro Systems Engineering, Inc. (MSEI) is a pioneer in developing innovative technologies and medical devices that save and enhance the quality of life for millions of individuals living with cardiovascular disorders. The company is dedicated to the design and construction of implantable medical devices for cardiac rhythm management. Our employees believe in our mission – improving the lives of the patient. Join our cause and be a part of something big – helping our patients lead healthy, fulfilling lives.
MSEI’s manufacturing line is a critical element in a global manufacturing enterprise collaborating on the attainment of highly reliable medical devices. We are growing in a big way and are currently hiring a Manufacturing Supervisor for our Day Shift. We offer competitive annual salary plus 15% annual bonus target.
The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for the execution of manufacturing processes and quality procedures in the manufacture of microelectronic modules for use in implantable medical devices. The supervisor will also initiate and manage improvement projects to help improve MSEI’s manufacturing process by understanding MSEI’s manufacturing technologies, digital factory elements, products and manufacturing methods.
Micro Systems Engineering’s manufacturing line is a critical element in a global manufacturing enterprise collaborating on the attainment of highly reliable medical devices. The position requires an assertive candidate with strong analytical and organizational skills, excellent computer and communication skills, strong safety awareness, and strong technical awareness of process and product technologies in the electronics field.
- Directly manages workforce efficiently; responsible for executing production schedule.
- Manage execution of all process, methods and handling protocols.
- Track and document work center performance.
- Achieve delivery performance and fill rate.
- Empower workforce to take ownership of manufacturing area with self-directed work teams.
- Manage continuous improvement projects.
- Foster collaborative relationships between the Manufacturing team and the following groups: Development Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, Quality and Materials departments.
- Ensure timely escalation and documentation of problems to support groups.
- Execute manufacturing Specialist cross-training and 5S systems.
- Evaluate and improve manufacturing processes by reviewing manufacturing KPIs.
- Provides data to improve manufacturing decision-making process.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Four-year degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or related discipline strongly preferred.
- Two years of experience in medical or electronics manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills, ability to multitask.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, high attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to accept feedback and make changes where necessary.
- Experience with tracking equipment and factory performance.
- Experience with statistical methodologies for problem solving and optimization.
- Knowledge of materials used in electronics manufacturing.
- Demonstrated skills in Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and 5S techniques.
- Must be high energy, highly flexible with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile, on the manufacturing floor for extended periods of time
- The employee will be required to be in a cleanroom environment, able to gown and de-gown personal protective equipment or other wearable equipment designed to manage the clean room environment
- The employee will be required to safely lift, carry, push, and pull product or other components that are up to 40 pounds apiece
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.