Website Molecular Vision Laboratory
• Carefully execute detailed standard operating procedures in a CLIA certified laboratory.
• Carry out molecular methods including DNA isolation, PCR, qPCR, and NGS.
• Produce, analyze, document and report results, achieving high quality data in a timely manner.
• Proactive, troubleshoot, rapidly propose solutions and/or seek help.
• Work neatly, keep lab bench and storage areas clean.
• Adjust and adapt to new SOPs and workflows as throughput capacity grows.
• Professionally handle the pressure of aggressive deadlines while maintaining data quality.
• Open to working on weekends if necessary.
• Demonstrated organizational abilities and capable of successfully carrying out a variety of detailed tasks.
BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics or related field.
Demonstrated experience with molecular methods including DNA isolation, PCR, qPCR and NGS library preparation.
Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to maintain careful attention to detail.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated experience keeping accurate and detailed laboratory records.
Capable of working in a team environment with the ability to analyze, interpret data, recognize quality failures and proactively seek help.
Proficiency with standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office) is required.
Ability to thrive in a demanding start-up environment with a positive, productive, professional attitude.
Experience in a high throughput molecular lab or services lab is desirable but not necessary.
Job location is in Hillsboro, OR
The individual we are looking for will perform tedious and repetitive tasks for the purpose of clinical molecular diagnostic service. The position is not a research position. Molecular Vision Laboratory is a customer service operation. Manage a quick turn around time is essential for the job.