Website TE Connectivity Ltd.
The Product Manager, Electrosurgery, will be part of the Interconnect product group. This position is responsible for developing product line strategies to capture leadership market share in energized handheld medical instruments used in laparoscopic surgery, including market segmentation, developing key customer relationships, revenue forecasting, creating a product roadmap to drive growth and market share expansion, and identifying new technologies necessary to maintain leadership. This role will work hand and hand with Sales, Engineering and Operations, as well as act as a trusted advisor to the executive team. This position reports to the head of Product Management.
Market Identification (Where to Play)
- Identify high growth opportunities and market (TAM/PAM) expansion opportunities in electrosurgery to leverage our technology platforms to enable above market revenue growth
- Develop a broad and deep knowledge of the dynamics of the laparoscopic electrosurgical market, including:
- Identification of key customers, Value chain analysis, Medical market dynamics and Competitive landscape
- Develop market size and segmentation, including identification of sub-segments to target
- Define/develop/own the process to continuously evaluate new market opportunities in electrosurgery
Business Plans (How to Win)
- Develop business plans to fully exploit new electrosurgical opportunities. Articulate TE’s “unfair” advantage that will enable market leadership in target segments.
- Identify resources needed for success.
- Articulate a product vision/roadmap that supports long term growth and market share dominance in target segments.
- Define “success metrics” in terms of revenue, margin and market share
- Identify key customers, and work with the sales organization to develop customer penetration plans.
- Develop training and collateral plans to support market launch.
- Develop pricing and margin models.
- Working with engineering and key customers, develop specifications for market entry products. Champion these products through the development phase.
Executing the plan to win
- Drive the on-time launch of new products.
- Manage the ongoing revenue forecasting process for these products to accomplish revenue and margin targets.
- Drive the ongoing NPI pipeline to launch products to accomplish the product line vision.
Success in the role requires strong business acumen and strategic mindset, exceptional communication and presentation skills, ability to work seamlessly with leaders at multiple levels, and the skills and tenacity to achieve results without formal authority. In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or Engineering from a leading institution is required. MBA from a top graduate program highly preferred
- 5+ years of product management with a track record of record of leading new market development programs
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Healthcare or medical device experience required; electrosurgical device experience a plus.
- Solid financial acumen – able to identify and articulate the value-creation drivers and advocate for the right bets and trade-offs in managing a complex business portfolio
- Communication skills to effectively and constructively challenge, influence and guide senior leaders and experts in the organization
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%) to locations worldwide to work on growth and margin expansion initiatives with TE colleagues and also to meet customers, and potential M&A targets as well as to attend industry conferences, and in networking
- Must have fluency in English.
- Skilled at working and leading in a multi-cultural environment.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Connectivity’s Medical business unit is a global leader in highly engineered solutions for the medical market. The Medical business is a significant supplier to all tier 1 medical OEMs, with a global direct sales force as well as a global manufacturing footprint. With ~$650 million revenue (in 2018), significant presence in key high growth medical markets, and a broad technology portfolio (connectors, cable assemblies, catheters, guidewires, and medical tubing), the business is among the leaders in its market.
To apply for this job please visit careers.te.com.