Sedia Biosciences Corporation of Portland Oregon is seeking a motivated, responsible, and resourceful individual to work as part of our team as a Scientist or an Associate Scientist. This position would be a full‐time exempt position (40 hours per week) at our primary laboratory facility in Northeast Portland. The successful candidate will be responsible for running laboratory tests, recording data, performing some degree of data analysis, drafting protocols, and communicating with managers from R&D and other departments. They will also be asked to participate in production of prototype products, and assist in transition of those procedures (through training and/or record‐keeping) to our manufacturing department. Workflow is approximately 50‐70% laboratory work, with the remainder being office work. The nature of our work requires the candidate to be capable of working comfortably in a BSL 2 laboratory.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Hands on laboratory experience with: biological laboratory equipment (e.g. pipettes, balances, pH meters, spectrophotometers, dialysis, autoclaves), biological research laboratory procedures (cold chain storage for biologics, proper use of PPE, aseptic technique), and handling of hazardous chemicals, waste, and BSL 2 agents.
- Good communication and record keeping skills, particularly in a quality‐regulated production environment (e.g. GMP, ISO13485, or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in computer use (MS Word, Excel required, Outlook preferred).
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (for example, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Microbiology) with 3‐8 years of associated experience, or a Master’s degree in a similar field with 1‐3 years of associated experience.