This position has overall accountability for Maintenance and Calibration of all site process and facilities equipment.
Leadership & People Management
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term.
- Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
- Establish strategic goals and objectives and maintain full strategic responsibility for the Maintenance and Calibration organization.
- As a Facility and Engineering leadership team member, drive collaboration within site and across network activities, cross-functional planning, and decision making.
- Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.
- Embody PT lean leadership principles and methods while fostering a continuous improvement mindset.
- Manage expense and capital budgets for the Maintenance and Calibrations operations.
- Administer service contracts with Maintenance and Calibration service providers
- Ensuring that cost, quality and delivery achieve the best value and manage ongoing relationship with providers.
- Ensure SHE and cGMP Compliance for all Maintenance and Calibration functions.
- Partner with and support other Roche legal entities in the network for maintenance and calibration support.
Maintenance & Calibration
- Manage and execute all maintenance activities for production and facilities equipment.
- Provide calibration services to GMP and facilities operations.
- Establish and maintain maintenance strategies, practices and processes to ensure maximum performance of assets and to meet the needs of the business at optimized life-cycle costs.
- Establish and maintain preventive and corrective maintenance programs to maximize equipment availability and to optimize life-cycle costs.
- Stay abreast of developments in code and regulatory issues at the local level with impact to company operations and ensure that all maintenance and calibrations comply with these regulations and cGMP requirements.
- Manage the measures to be taken based on results of maintenance performance indicators in collaboration with Reliability.
- Responsible to ensure that Maintenance and Calibration services are delivered in a safe, compliant, reliable and efficient manner according to customer expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS I EXPERIENCE I COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors Degree (science or engineering is preferred)
Experience (may vary depending on site size/scope)
- 10 or more years work experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- 4 or more years people management experience
- 4 or more years facilities management, engineering or related experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience working in a cGMP environment
- Expert knowledge of Maintenance and Calibration standards, central plant systems, clean room technology
- Expert knowledge of cGMP relevant to the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to build trustful and effective relationships
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Mindset to take responsibility, drive results, and achieve expected outcomes
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
To apply for this job please visit www.gene.com.