Stealth Company X
Stealth Company X is a Portland-based biotechnology company specializing in the discovery of new delivery systems for emerging drug and gene therapies. Our research platform enables discovery of new materials for nucleic acid and drug delivery across a variety of disease indications. We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, seeking to develop novel life-saving medicines in a cross-disciplinary environment.
We are seeking a Scientist to join our Molecular and Cellular Biology team. You will identify and deploy relevant biological techniques, in-vitro assays, and readout modalities for delivery characterization. You will work with the discovery, formulation, and biology teams, CROs, and corporate partners in the characterizations of new delivery materials and their interactions with various biological systems.
· Design, develop, validate, and deploy new cell-based and biochemical assays to support research objectives
· Work closely with internal teams and external partners to identify assays and techniques to fill knowledge gaps
· General understanding of FTO landscape for reagents and techniques
· Acquire, analyze, and record experimental data, develop SOPs
· Report and discuss results in team meetings and present to external partners
· Assist in general lab maintenance (instrument maintenance, inventory management, regulatory compliance, etc.)
· PhD + 1 year experience or MS + 3 year of experience in cell biology, molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology, bioengineering, or a related field
· Understanding and experience in molecular biology techniques (nucleic acid isolation, cDNA synthesis, qPCR, IVT, protein extraction, Western blot, ELISA, gel electrophoresis etc.)
· Experience with cell-based assays, experimental design and execution
· Understanding and experience with tissue culture techniques on a diversity of mammalian cell types
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present and discuss results in a multidisciplinary setting
· Well organized with an attention to detail, excellent project and time management
· Experience with bioinformatics, NGS library preparation and data analysis.
· Experience with cell enrichment/isolation techniques such as MACS, FACS, and single-cell emulsions.
· Experience with study design for evaluation of the cellular barriers of nanomedicine