The primary function of the Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) is to support the
Facilities Maintenance Team in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all the
site’s Facility Mechanical systems in a fast-paced DNA synthesis environment. Primary
focus is to troubleshoot, perform general, routine and preventative maintenance on all
equipment, facility systems and schedule service calls as needed. In addition, support
the Site Electrician with electrical troubleshooting, repairs and preventative
maintenance. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and perform other production
duties as required.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
● Troubleshooting/ maintaining/repairing electro-mechanical systems, pneumatic,
machine operations, HVAC systems and electric motors
● Read and interpret P&ID’s, schematics and detailed repair drawings related to
equipment and machinery
● Troubleshoot, test and repair of low voltage systems (i.e LAN; PA, CCTV,
● Troubleshoot, test and repair of motors, control circuits, conduits and duct
systems, light and power circuits appliances, generators, fans, heaters, fixtures,
and media equipment.
● Troubleshoot, test and repair electrical systems for all existing facility and utility
● Minimize equipment downtime by completing routine preventative maintenance
● Troubleshooting, repairing, inspecting and/or replacing mechanical components
such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers,
conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates.
● Operation, troubleshooting and repair of HVAC systems, Boilers, RO Water
Generation, Compressors and Vacuum Systems.
● Safely utilize Forklifts, Powered and Non-Powered Trucks.
● Execute Corrective, Reactive, Predictive and Preventative Maintenance on all
Facility and Utility systems.
● Support the development of all sites systems mechanical and electrical critical
● Understand, utilize and document all work completed within a CMMS
● Help manage contractors when they are on site
● Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
● Support process engineering and facilities in troubleshooting and repair activities
● Support Facilities Manager and Process Engineering to continually improve the maintenance program with procedure development and maintenance strategy
● Must be a qualified LME with a Limited Maintenance Electrician license issued by the
State of Oregon.
● Experience with 440/480v systems.
● PLC Experience is not required but is a plus
● Minimum of 5yrs experience in troubleshooting, repairing, inspecting and/or
replacing mechanical components for HVAC, Vacuum, RO Water, Boilers,
Chillers, Cooling Towers and Compressors.
● Minimum of 5yrs experience completing preventative maintenance on Utility and/
or Production equipment in a manufacturing facility.
● High School Graduate or GED.
● Must be able to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
● Must be able to work from elevated heights, climb ladders and elevation platforms.
● Must be able to work in clean room environment
● Must be able to work with hand tools and basic machine shop equipment
● Must be team oriented and self-motivated.
● Must be familiar with Lock Out Tag Out
● Must have basic computer skills and be able to complete spreadsheets, presentations and worked within a CMMS system.
To apply for this job please visit www.twistbioscience.com.