Website Vir Biotechnology
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a motivated and hands-on Scientist to join a multifaceted and growing interdisciplinary team focused on upstream process development and production of viral vaccine vectors. This person will develop methods for the production and testing of new viral vector technologies and products.
JOB LOCATION-PORTLAND, OR RELOCATION PROVIDED!
- Plan and implement in-house Process Development (PD) studies to optimize viral vector production and scale-up in flatware (T flasks, Cell & Hyper Stacks) and bioreactors (fixed-bed or stirred tank).
- Perform in-process analytical testing (such as cell counts, infectious virus titer, gas and metabolite measurements, etc.) to support PD efforts.
- Help drive PD activities (ie process investigation, definition, optimization, robustness) to improve understanding of current virus production processes and develop next-generation manufacturing processes for advanced clinical trials.
- Work jointly and collaboratively with process and analytical colleagues across Vir sites (Portland and San Francisco) toward development goals.
- As needed, help oversee and lead technology transfer and execution of feasibility and optimization studies at external partners.
- Support process transfer to manufacturing facilities and drafting/review of batch records and technical documents to help enable execution in GMP environment.
- Develop process controls by applying appropriate analytics.
- May participate in the development of patent applications, publications, and documentation to support regulatory submissions.
- Serve as internal domain expert working closely with cross functional teams and external partners (CDMOs, Suppliers, etc.).
- Assist with the professional development and management of the process development group.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline
- BS 6+ years, MS 4+ years, PhD 0-2 years industry experience
- Experience with aseptic mammalian cell and/or virus culture processes required.
- Knowledge of cell based and molecular analytical methods such as bioassays and/or virus titer methods, ELISA, Western Blot, PCR required.
- Capabilities in upstream process development, such as adherent cell growth in closed and scalable culture vessels (eg stacked chambers, bioreactors) and substrates (eg flatware, microcarriers), infection/transfection, media development etc preferred
- Experience in PD-based experimental and statistical methodologies such as Design of Experiments (DOE) preferred
- Ability to apply process engineering principles for scale-up and scale-out of bioprocesses that enable multi-site process development and manufacturing preferred
- Experience developing cGMP compliant processes and working within a quality environment preferred
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel.
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.