Oregon Bioscience Association, a 501(c)(6) nonprofit member trade association, is a resource for your organization, and we understand the need for professional and company development. We offer a diverse range of resources including training, networking, increasing visibility, advocacy and additional member services. Oregon Bio Members come from industry and research institutions, and also include entrepreneurs, investors and an array of professional service providers that support the industry. We are a strong and growing community, and we are excited for you to join us.
Fill out the appropriate application below, and send to Julie Black (firstname.lastname@example.org). Want even more perks and to support the organization more? Learn more about Premium Memberships and sponsorship opportunities. Please note that event sponsorships are subject to availability. If you are not associated with a company or organization, you may qualify for an individual membership.
MISSION AND BENEFITS
The Oregon Bioscience Association’s (Oregon Bio’s) primary purpose is to promote the growth and quality of the bioscience industry in Oregon and to advocate, cultivate and educate. As a member of Oregon Bio, you can count on us to:
- Provide leadership on local, state and federal issues important to the bioscience industry and engage on issues that have an impact on Oregon Bio members
- Promote policies that support innovation, create a healthy business environment, and encourage the expansion of the bioscience industry
- Facilitate synergies between industry and research institutions
- Create valuable networking opportunities throughout our programming and events, including our signature Oregon Bioscience Showcase
- Increase your visibility by sharing your news, events, and job openings with the Oregon Bio community
- Optimize marketing channels and partner relations locally in addition to nationally and internationally through our affiliation with BIO
- Customize training programs for your organization on a variety of topics including: FDA and quality assurance, manufacturing and R&D, leadership and management, and communication and marketing
- Increase knowledge and skill levels of your employees, improving productivity and enhancing recruitment and retention
- Showcase local talent and open positions through job fairs and the Oregon Bio website
Oregon Bioscience Association is the Oregon affiliate of the national Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO). BIO is the world’s largest biotechnology organization, providing connection, advocacy, business development, communications services for more than 1,200 members worldwide.
Through this affiliation, Oregon Bio members can access the national purchasing plan through top-tier providers negotiated by BIO. This national program is the largest cost savings program for the life sciences industry, enabling more than $200 million in sales annually to more than 2,000 life sciences companies of all sizes. Learn more about the BIO member benefits. If you have any ideas or suggestions on services we might add, let us know.
MEMBERSHIP AND COMMITTEES
By joining Oregon Bio, your employees are eligible to join Oregon Bio Committees to drive Oregon Bio and the future of bioscience in Oregon. Committee involvement provides members with enhanced networking opportunities, new skills and a broader interface with the bioscience industry. Learn more about the committees, and fill out our interest form.